Current Members (Confirming your details)
Existing members of the NT Pensioner and Carer Concession Scheme were required to confirm their membership for the new scheme by 31 December 2018.
Existing members who did not confirm their details by 28 February 2019 have had their membership to the NT Concession Scheme and NT Seniors Recognition Scheme cancelled. Members who have been cancelled have been notified in writing.
If your membership has been cancelled, and you would like the decision reviewed you can submit an appeal.
You can submit an appeal of your cancellation of membership by:
- visiting a Territory Families shop front
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to:
Complaints and Appeals
NT Concession and Recognition Unit
PO Box 37037
WINNELLIE NT 0821
Please outline the reason you did not confirm your membership in your appeal.
If you are unsure if you have confirmed your details please call 1800 777 704 or visit a Territory Families shop front to check your membership status.
To be eligible for both schemes you must reside in the Northern Territory and be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
To be eligible for NT Concession Scheme you must receive one of the following commonwealth benefits:
- Age Pension
- Disability Support Pension
- Carer Payment
- Parenting Payment (single)
- Or an eligible Department of Veterans’ Affairs benefit
To be eligible for the NT Seniors Recognition Scheme you must be turning 65 years or older.
Before you apply
Before you start your application please read the Member's Rights and Responsibilities.
To apply for the NT Concession Scheme or NT Seniors Recognition Scheme you will need to provide the following supporting documents:
- Proof of identification - photo identification showing my name, birthdate and signature
- Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency - passport, birth certificate or extract, citizenship certificate or permanent residency visa.
- Proof of residential address – a document/letter issued by a government agency, electricity or water provider or financial institution showing my name and current residential address.
If you are applying for the NT Concession Scheme:
- Proof of Commonwealth benefit – Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs card or correspondence showing your name and reference number
- Members's Rights and Responsibilities
How to apply
New members can submit an application online.
Or you can visit Territory Families office where a Customer Service Officer will assist you with your application.
Or download a printable application form.