Two new schemes for Northern Territory residents that support eligible pensioners, including aged pension recipients, with the cost of living and recognise the valuable contribution seniors continue to make to the Northern Territory.



A means-tested scheme supporting eligible Territorians with the cost of living.


Recognising the valuable contribution senior Territorians make to the Northern Territory. All senior Territorians 65 years or older, are eligible for this scheme

NT Concession Scheme and NT Seniors Recognition Scheme Library & Resources


I am an existing member. How can I renew my membership?

All current members are required to confirm their membership each year. An annual confirmation process ensures members are still eligible to remain members of the schemes.

How can I apply for scheme membership?

New members need to submit a new application form and meet scheme eligibility criteria.

My personal details have changed. Am I required to notify you?

If you have recently changed your personal details such as your name or address, please fill out and submit a Member Details notification form

I am using my travel entitlement to travel in my own private vehicle. How can I access my reimbursement?

If you are using your travel entitlement to travel in your own private vehicle, download a Private Vehicle Travel form prior to your departure. You must take the form with you and have it signed by an authorised person at the destination. An authorised person is a person who works at Australia Post, a Police Station, Health Clinic or Local Government Council Office and the stamp must be on the form.


$250 payment is equivalent to 100 km of travel

$500 payment is equivalent to 300km of travel

How can I apply for a travel payment to bring a friend or family member to visit me in the NT?

If you are using your travel entitlement to bring family and friends to visit the NT in a private vehicle, the non-member must fill out and submit a Non-Member Private Vehicle Travel form.

My medical condition increases my household use of electricity and/or water. How can I apply for the Medical Support Allowance?

The Medical Support Allowance is available to NT Concession Scheme members who have exceeded their water or electricity concession cap and have a medical condition that directly impacts on their household’s electricity and/or water consumption. The allowance is $154.00.

Please contact the NT Concession and Recognition Unit on 1800 777 704 for a Medical Support Allowance form.

How can I authorise someone to make enquiries on my behalf?

Sometimes friends and family make enquiries on behalf of a Member. You can authorise for someone to make enquiries or act on your behalf (in limited circumstances) by completing and signing one of these forms, and having it signed by your nominated Authorised Person.

Please contact the NT Concession and Recognition Unit on 1800 777 704 for an Authority to Enquire and Act form.

How can I submit my forms?

All completed and signed forms may be:

Please ensure all required accompanying documentation is provided with the forms ie travel vouchers.

If you require further advice or support, call 1800 777 704.


April 2018 newsletter

November 2018 newsletter


NT Concession Scheme and NT Senior Recognition Scheme