The new Northern Territory Concession Scheme is means-tested to provide assistance and support with the cost of living.
To be eligible for the NT Concession Scheme members must be a resident of the Northern Territory, Australian citizen or permanent resident, and a current recipient of one of the following eligible commonwealth benefits:
Department of Human Services (Centrelink):
- Age Pension
- Disability Support Pension
- Carer Payment
- Parenting Payment (single)
Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA):
- Repatriation Health Card TPI/War/Widower (Gold Card)
- Repatriation Pharmaceuticals Benefits Card (Orange Card)
- Pensioner Card (Blue Card)
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
Members of the NT Concession Scheme who are turning 65 years and older may also be eligible for the NT Seniors Recognition Scheme.
The scheme offers concessions for the following services:
- property rates
- motor vehicle registration
- driver licence
To receive electricity and water concessions members must be the primary account holder or legally responsible for paying the account.
The address must be the member’s principle place of residence. The account must be charged at the domestic tariff rate, members cannot receive concessions on accounts in the name of businesses/companies/organisations or on accounts charged at commercial tariffs.
Concessions are available to members who live in or purchase their power from a registered caravan park.
- Water and Sewerage
- Property Rates and Garbage
- Motor Vehicle Registration and NT Driver License
- Other Support Available